Sunday, July 10, 2011

Garden 2011

This is the second year of our garden. We planted slightly less, but I think we will end up producing more edible vegetables (last year we were not able to eat much of the cabbage or broccoli due to whitefly infestation).

This year we have 6 tomato plants. The two plants to the far left and far right sides I found spontaneously growing in the main garden bed and transplanted. I'm not sure what variety of tomato they are - I guess it will be a surprise!


 In the main garden bed we have eggplant, cucumbers, bush beans (which have already started producing!), zucchini (that's the huge one in the center) and broccoli. We also planted spinach seeds, but they didn't do so well - we'll see if they come back but I'm not going to count on it.

I really wanted to plant swiss chard as well, but never got around to it.  I may start some in a large pot to have well into the fall.

1 comment: